If you run a hotel or accommodation cleaning service, one of your top priorities will be keeping it clean for current and future guests. The cleaning standards required for hotels and accommodations are higher than for households, with the added pressure of negative reviews if an area is not cleaned properly. This guide will take you through everything you need to know about it.
The high turnover of rooms in hotels and accommodation means that spaces need to be cleaned thoroughly after guests leave. At a time when the world is still being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, cleanliness is, therefore, more important than ever as you need to follow the COVID-19 guidelines from the government.
Hotel and hospitality cleaning usually involves an established procedure and checklist, to ensure that each room is cleaned to the same high standards. This procedure would likely include:
- Stripping beds of all sheets and covers, including pillowcases, in order to be washed, which are then replaced with new sheets and covers. As beds can contain dead skin cells, dirt, bodily fluids, and even dust mites and other irritants, it’s vital that bedding is changed before new guests arrive;
- Hygiene solutions for bathrooms are one of the most important areas to clean, particularly toilets, basins, baths and showers, as well as handles and any items that are regularly touched, such as taps. Bathroom areas will often require the use of strong chemicals to kill any germs present. Cleaning will also include such tasks as removing hair from drains and cleaning the glass of shower screens;
- Kitchens in hotel and accommodation venues may range from tea and coffee making facilities up to full kitchens with stove, oven and other appliances;
- Wiping hard surfaces is incredibly important given that germs can be transmitted easily through touch. Hard surfaces will regularly be disinfected, preferably using colour-coordinated cloths to prevent cross-contamination, this is the main core of commercial cleaning services during Covid-19 times;
- Hard floors will regularly be vacuumed and mopped, while carpeted areas will be vacuumed, to ensure that any dirt and rubbish is removed, both for appearances and to keep the space more sanitary;
- Rubbish and recycling bins need to be emptied regularly, particularly if they include such things as milk containers or anything that has been used for perishable food, such as takeaway containers;
- Lastly, there will be other, miscellaneous areas needing to be cleaned, such as windows, remote controls, cupboards, closets, and any other areas or appliances that are used regularly by guests.
Smart Cleaning Solutions Group services over 250 hotel and accommodation venues every day around Australia, so we know exactly what your business needs to keep your facilities clean and safe. We are able to offer competitive prices and unparalleled service, all back by ISO9001 certified management systems. To find out more about how Smart Cleaning Solutions can help you, contact us today on 1300 664 647.